Greg Norman Golf Design (GNGD) was first established in 1987. The company has created more than 70 golf courses on six continents. GNGD has received numerous prestigious awards for design, including the coveted Audubon Society Award for environmental stewardship.
During his 25 year professional golf career, Greg Norman played many of the world’s greatest golf courses. His experience served as a catalyst to develop his interest in golf course design. He is recognized as a leader in land planning, design and construction in relation to golf courses. He has adopted a unique design methodology and philosophy that leads to his courses blending in with their surroundings as if they were part of the landscape for generations.
Norman’s philosophy includes:
- An intimate knowledge of the site characteristics.
- An understanding of the developers objectives.
- A minimalist and least disturbance approach.
- A design that is challenging, playable and creates a memorable golf experience for players of all skill levels.
- An environmentally sensitive and sustainable design.